Hornhorn (hôrn),USA pronunciation n.
- one of the bony, permanent, hollow paired growths, often curved and pointed, that project from the upper part of the head of certain ungulate mammals, as cattle, sheep, goats, or antelopes.
- a similar growth, sometimes of hair, as the median horn or horns on the snout of the rhinoceros, or the tusk of the narwhal.
- a process projecting from the head of an animal and suggestive of such a growth, as a feeler, tentacle, or crest.
- the bony substance of which such animal growths are composed.
- any similar substance, as that forming tortoise shell, hoofs, nails, or corns.
- an article made of the material of an animal horn or like substance, as a thimble, spoon, or shoehorn.
- any projection or extremity resembling the horn of an animal.
- something resembling or suggesting an animal horn: a drinking horn.
- a part resembling an animal horn attributed to deities, demons, etc.: the devil's horn.
- Usually, horns. the imaginary projections on a cuckold's brow.
- a wind instrument, originally formed from the hollow horn of an animal but now usually made of brass or other metal or plastic.
- See French horn.
- something used as or resembling such a wind instrument.
- [Slang.]a trumpet.
- an instrument for sounding a warning signal: an automobile horn.
- any of certain short, armlike levers on the control surfaces of an airplane.
- a tube of varying cross section used in some loudspeakers to couple the diaphragm to the sound-transmitting space.
- a loudspeaker.
- [Slang.]a telephone or radiotelephone: I've been on the horn all morning.
- the high protuberant part at the front and top of certain saddles;
a pommel, esp. a high one.
- [Carpentry.](in a door or window frame) that part of a jamb extending above the head.
- one of the curved extremities of a crescent, esp. of the crescent moon.
- a crescent-shaped tract of land.
- a pyramidal mountain peak, esp. one having concave faces carved by glaciation.
- a symbol of power or strength, as in the Bible: a horn of salvation.
- each of the alternatives of a dilemma.
- the narrow, more pointed part of an anvil.
- a projection at the side of the end of a rolled sheet or strip, caused by unevenness of the roll due to wear.
- [Horol.](in a lever escapement) either of the two prongs at the end of the lever fork guarding against overbanking when the guard pin is in the crescent.
- blow ( or toot) one's own horn, [Informal.]to publicize or boast about one's abilities or achievements: He's a bright fellow, but likes to blow his own horn too much.
- draw or pull in one's horns, to restrain oneself or become less belligerent;
retreat: Since he lost so much gambling, he's drawn in his horns a bit.
- lock horns, to conflict, quarrel, or disagree: The administration and the staff locked horns over the proposed measures.
- on the horns of a dilemma, confronted with two equally disagreeable choices.
- to cuckold.
- to butt or gore with the horns.
- [Shipbuilding.]to set up (a frame or bulkhead of a vessel being built) at a proper angle to the keel with due regard to the inclination of the keel on the ways;
- horn in, [Informal.]to thrust oneself forward obtrusively;
intrude or interrupt: Every time we try to have a private conversation, the boss horns in.
- made of horn.
Mademade (mād),USA pronunciation v.
- pt. and pp. of make.
- produced by making, preparing, etc., in a particular way (often used in combination): well-made garments.
- artificially produced: made fur.
- invented or made-up: to tell made stories about oneself.
- prepared, esp. from several ingredients: a made dish.
- assured of success or fortune: a made man.
- have it made, [Informal.]
- to be assured or confident of success: With a straight A average he's got it made.
- to have achieved success, esp. wealth, status, or the like.
Byby1 (bī),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., pl. byes.
- near to or next to: a home by a lake.
- over the surface of, through the medium of, along, or using as a route: He came by the highway. She arrived by air.
- on, as a means of conveyance: They arrived by ship.
- to and beyond the vicinity of;
past: He went by the church.
- within the extent or period of;
during: by day; by night.
- not later than;
at or before: I usually finish work by five o'clock.
- to the extent or amount of: The new tug is larger than the old one by a great deal. He's taller than his sister by three inches.
- from the opinion, evidence, or authority of: By his own account he was in Chicago at the time. I know him by sight.
- according to;
in conformity with: This is a bad movie by any standards.
- with (something) at stake;
on: to swear by all that is sacred.
- through the agency, efficacy, work, participation, or authority of: The book was published by Random House.
- from the hand, mind, invention, or creativity of: She read a poem by Emily Dickinson. The phonograph was invented by Thomas Edison.
- in consequence, as a result, or on the basis of: We met by chance. We won the game by forfeit.
- accompanied with or in the atmosphere of: Lovers walk by moonlight.
- in treatment or support of;
for: He did well by his children.
next after, as of the same items in a series: piece by piece; little by little.
- (in multiplication) taken the number of times as that specified by the second number, or multiplier: Multiply 18 by 57.
- (in measuring shapes) having an adjoining side of, as a width relative to a length: a room 10 feet by 12 feet.
- (in division) separated into the number of equal parts as that specified by the second number, or divisor: Divide 99 by 33.
- in terms or amounts of;
in measuring units of: Apples are sold by the bushel. I'm paid by the week.
- begot or born of: Eve had two sons by Adam.
- (of quadrupeds) having as a sire: Equipoise II by Equipoise.
- [Navig.](as used in the names of the 16 smallest points on the compass) one point toward the east, west, north, or south of N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, or NW, respectively: He sailed NE by N from Pago Pago.
- into, at, or to: Come by my office this afternoon.
in the immediate vicinity;
at hand: The school is close by.
- to and beyond a point near something;
past: The car drove by.
away: Put your work by for the moment. Over the years, she laid by enough money to retire.
past: in times gone by.
- by and by, in a short time;
presently: The clouds will disappear by and by.
- by and large, in general;
on the whole: By and large, there is much to be said for the new system.
- by me:
- (in bridge and other bidding card games) a declaration that the speaker is passing.
- (in poker) a declaration that the speaker is checking: Is my pair of tens still high? By me.
adj. Also, bye.
- situated to one side: They came down a by passage.
- secondary, incidental: It was only a by comment.
- by the by. See bye 1 (def. 5).
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
SanSan (sän),USA pronunciation n.
- a river in central Europe, flowing from the Carpathian Mountains in W Ukraine through SE Poland into the Vistula: battles 1914–15. ab. 280 mi. (450 km) long.
San (sän),USA pronunciation n., pl. Sans (esp. collectively) San for. 1.
- a member of a nomadic, racially distinct, short-statured people of southern Africa.
- any of more than a dozen related Khoisan languages spoken by the San. Also called Bushman.
a suffix used in Japanese as a term of respect after names or titles: Suzuki-san; samurai-san.
AntonioScot•ti (skôt′tē),USA pronunciation n.
An•to•nio (än tô′nyô),USA pronunciation 1866–1936, Italian baritone.
Hello , this picture is about Horn Chair,Texas Made By William Mittmann Of San Antonio ( Horn Chair #4). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 1285 x 1800. It's file size is only 224 KB. If You ought to download It to Your computer, you could Click here. You might too download more pictures by clicking the picture below or see more at this post: Horn Chair.
A metal platter can be used in the place of timber or rock. Put in a texture that is distinct as well as a joyful decorative dish for the walls and cabinets contrast with stone or timber countertop. The tiles are a fantastic selection because it isn't colorful and only lovely, but also very sensible for developing a backsplash.
It is possible to pick an innovative that is Horn Chair with pebble that is stunning patterned tiles, or material plates to incorporate attractive features for the home wall. When it comes towards the kitchen and a few of the major components inside the kitchen, whether you are considering additionally part of the wall table, and freezer?
Positive is most needed while cooking while in the home? Nonetheless, you need to commence to appear section of your kitchen wall. If you take up a prevention to clean or repaint the wall only to clean the stains are complicated to scrub, then there's the proper solution for you.
Hard tiles relatively easily cleaned after cleansing to prevent water places that could blunt the color of the tiles, even though it should be removed completely having a clear dried towel. A of sort, usually extended Horn Chair,Texas Made By William Mittmann Of San Antonio ( Horn Chair #4) made from the desk towards the case along with the wall where the stove and also the drain is situated. So strip that is typically outside but might vertical well.